CIRCA Starter 100
Time & Location
About the Event
Who is this for: Brand new cyclists, those looking for a way to gently ease back in, and want to ride with a patient group of folks. Road, hybrid, or mountain bikes are highly recommended. As always, please consult with your doctor before starting any training program.
- Must have attended at least the first session of the Beginner Cycling Classes (BCC), Safety First. If you are interested in both the CIRCA Starter 100 and all 3 BCC, one class will be fully waived. Taking the courses covers all you need to know to enjoy this training program to its fullest.
- OR you have done other cycling events and are comfortable with performing the above
Are you a BRAND new cyclist just starting your journey to ride longer distances? Want to ride more regularly on bike-friendly routes? Join this beginner friendly 4-week training program (~15hrs) where we’ll gradually add miles and elevation each week. Challenge yourself at YOUR own pace all while becoming a stronger and smarter cyclist.
- ~11 hours of fully guided routes that are mostly bike friendly
- 3 weekday Wednesday sessions (total 1hr each Wed) with a focus on quality fitness rides (some climbing)
- 4 Saturday morning sessions (~8 total hours) focused on building endurance and exploring
In one month, you’ll:
- Be equipped with knowledge on best practices for group riding
- Have a better understanding of how to gauge if a ride is fit for you
- Build your endurance and confidence on the road
- Completed 100 solid miles in ONE month!
Wednesdays, 7th, 14th, 21st from 5-6pm, 1 hour each day.
Saturdays, starting at 9:30am, each Saturday duration will vary depending on distance
Week 1 (10 miles, ~0-200ft)
Week 2 (15 miles, ~200-300ft)
Week 3 (20 miles, ~400-600ft)
Week 4 (25 miles, ~600-800ft)
Wednesdays - Rockridge BART
Saturdays - Ranges from Alameda, Oakland, and Berkeley.
- CIRCA Starter 100$249+$6.23 Service fee$249+$6.23 Service fee0$0